Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2

Copper Contributor

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2

[ Edited ]

I am running the subject version of ACT, I am running it under Windows XP SP3.

Recently i had a catastrophic system failure which I was able to recover from. I see that ACT gives me a error message as follows: 

Act.Outlook.Sync.exe .Net Framework initialization Error

Please set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NetFramework\InastallRoot to point to the .NetFramework install location

I downloaded .NetFramework 4.0 and installed it on my system.

I can not launch Sage ACT! Pro 2011!

I also have Microsoft Office Professional 2007 on my machine. I have lost the ability to run those programs to!

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 does not appear in the Add/Remove applet in Control Pane, so uninstalling is impossible. I searched the Sage ACT! Pro 2011 directory for an unistall.exe type of applet, and find no such program.

Can I reinstall Sage ACT! Pro 2011 by using my DVD? Will the DVD Install program uninstall the previous copy of Sage ACT! Pro 2011? Or will it just overwrite the current copy of Sage ACT! Pro 2011, back to functionality?

What is the best way to restore Sage ACT! Pro 2011 functionality?

Thanks for any help!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2

The uninstall isn't working because the uninstall file that the installer creates is damaged or missing. The reinstall won't work because it will detect the present version and try to uninstall it and will likely fail. The knowledgebase has an article on a manual uninstall. There is also an article on an uninstaller utility along with a download for the utility. This utility should only be used as a last resort but I have used it for a case similar to your's and it does work. Try searching the knowledgebase for uninstaller.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129