Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT Pro 2011 Database Files Unopenable

Sage ACT Pro 2011 Database Files Unopenable

[ Edited ]

We have a client that has ACT 2011 on Windows Server 2012 R2. They have somehow managed to damaged all of their ADF files by messing with ACT 2011 and SQL server. We have no idea what was done except that it is not working.

1. We are getting this error message with all the current database/files when we try to open them:

This database cannot be opened because the SQLServer version of this database cannot be identified.

2. When we restore backup files from before this issue occurred and try to open them we get a dialog box that say it will verify the database. However, the next moment. we get an error message:

The log scan number (1201:656:1) passed the log scan in database 'Sales' is not valid, The error may indicate data corruption or that the log file (.ldf) does not match the data file (.mdf). ......

3. Finally, when we try to attach the file (that the client "messed with") to the database (via ACTDiag) I get this error message:

"The database was created with a version of SQL Server that is neither SQL Server 2005 or Server 2008. Attaching a non-SQL 2005 or 2008 database is not supported." However, I do not believe SQL version about 2008 R2 has been on this machine.

We are doing what seems to be endless research and multiple solutions for SQL and/or ACT and nothing seems to be working. Any thoughts or advice?

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Sage ACT Pro 2011 Database Files Unopenable

The good news is your clients database is likely intact and recoverable. The bad news is that I doubt that ACT 2011 can be successfully installed on Windows Server 2012 so an ACT! upgrade is in order. ACT! 2011 uses MSSQL server 2008 R2. I don't know if it's available or if it can be installed on Windows Server 2012. In addition to needing the latest version of ACT! the server will require some cleanup before the new version of the ACT! program s installed.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I can't recall if this was an option back with Act! 2011 ... But can you try attaching the ADF with ACTDIAG without the ADL?

Or try extracting the BAK file from the backup zip and using ACTDIAG to restore it?

If still no luck, you'll need some expert help to see if either the original or the backup are recoverable. I can certainly assist with this.