Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT 2013 cannot email with yahoo, gmail or windows live mail - so what's the point?

Sage ACT 2013 cannot email with yahoo, gmail or windows live mail - so what's the point?

I am so frustrated! - I bought this programme - Sage ACT! 2013 -  to facilitate my me, but have spent weeks going round and round in cirlces trying to find a solution to the most basic function you would expect it to deliver - i.e. being able to email your contacts. Which, it now appears I am not able to do because it won't work with yahoo mail, it won't work with gmail, and it won't work with windows live mail - so what is the point of having the programme at all? On top of that there is no way I can get assistance to ask if this really is the case without spending even more money on a pay-for-customer-service  to find out. I am so thoroughly unimpressed.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Sage ACT 2013 cannot email with yahoo, gmail or windows live mail - so what's the point?

ACT! has some integration with Gmail. What does it need to do to meet your expectations?

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Re: Sage ACT 2013 cannot email with yahoo, gmail or windows live mail - so what's the point?

The only thing it has allowed me to do is import the names of my gmail contacts - it didn't get their email addresses, I had to import those manually. And, much more importantly, I cannot send any emails from ACT - it won't connect to the smtp or pop for gmail or yahoo mail.
Bronze Elite Contributor

Gmail requires a particular protocol,SSL and a SSL port number for security, however ACT!'s own Internet mail client cannot support that. The best article to get an understanding of your choices is this one:   http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26352/kw/gmail%20in%20ACT!

If you do decide to proceed with Gmail setup for sending email there is a free Gmail button that can be added to ACT! to make sending Gmail more convenient. You can find a download for that here Gmail button 

Graeme Leo

I share your feelings!  I would love using ACT! if it only worked!!  And yes, they have such NERVE to charge you if you want to contact them just to see about getting the program to work as advertised.  It seems the best advice is to NOT use the program!  I've even written letters to executives at Sage and they don't even reply.  Their arrogance is beyond belief.  It's amazing that they stay in business!  I know of numerous users with similar issues - features don't work properly and their support is horrible.

Copper Contributor

Of course Sage no longer owns ACT. 

Hi gleo,

what does your "Gmail button" do for automated Emails, sent by Act as a result of "offline smart tasks" ?

thanks

Dirk
Bronze Elite Contributor

The Gmail button just provides a convenient way of opening a create message Window for Gmail. It is placed next to the default Email field in the Act! layout, the email address is pulled intoa the Send To: field of a new Gmail message window on clicking the button. There is no integration with Smart Tasks.  

Graeme Leo