Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT! 2012 Hot Fix 2 for UK version

Bronze Elite Contributor

Sage ACT! 2012 Hot Fix 2 for UK version

[ Edited ]

Which Hotfix  version should I use for UK as the ACT 2012 UK release was different from the EU version?

Platinum Elite Contributor
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Sage ACT! 2012 Hot Fix 2 for UK version

We have identified a problem with the UK version causing a schema update issue on any database setup to use the accounting link framework with Sage Accounts. 

We removed the UK build from the KB and slipstream and are likely going to remove this link shortly as well. We are investigating this with high priority. If you are not using Sage Accounts there are no negative affects.

As a precaution we've made the above changes to ensure that no one who applies the hotfix finds themselves in a worse scenario.

We aim to have an updated hotfix available as soon as possible.  

Bronze Elite Contributor

I find it extraordinary that you have attempted to hide this problem by posting it hear rather that under the article announcing HOTFIX 2 where I posted my question.

Please prove me wrong by also putting your reply regarding UK version about Hotfix 2 under the original HOTFIX 2 article.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Please provide a link to the location you would like my communication and I'd be happy to share this in any forum. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello chp1,
Hot Fix announcements are is intended to be an informational posts only, so normally we turn off replies and kudos for them. Unfortunately, when I created the post in the Ideas board I did not turn off the replies, which is why you were able to post. Replies have since been turned off for that post. Your response was moved to this public board so you could freely converse with other Community members regarding this topic. I apologize for any concern this may have caused.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Bronze Elite Contributor

I now understand why my question was moved and thank you for the reply. What I do not understand is why no mention of the UK Hotfix problem or even that it will be released later is not on the main notice of HOTFIX 2. May I strongly suggest this needs updating.

Benjamin, this was never meant as a rebuke for yourself and thank you for the information provided but would suggest as above this also needs sharing in some form or another  with the main announcement about the release of Hotfix 2 for ACT2012.

Do we have a release date yet for the UK version of the hotfix?

Bronze Elite Contributor

I agree on your recommendation of public communication on the status of the hotfix. I'll work with the team on making an announcement. 

I do not have a release schedule, we are still in investigation stages. 

What issue are you trying to address? Do you use accounting link integration with Sage Accounts?

Bronze Elite Contributor

There are 3 laptops syncing plus a server and 3 Lan connected desktops. Issues are the reported errors regarding sync, where the interim sync hotfix was applied to a laptop and server the laptop now times out sync even with sync ACTDIAG times set at max plus the server tries to update the database everytime it is opened on the server. We have not touched the other laptops and have stopped trying to sync.

Bronze Elite Contributor

I should also have mentioned that the database started life as a 2008 database and worked OK as 2011. It does have picture fields in it.