Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT! 2011 won't start

Tuned Listener

Re: Sage ACT! 2011 won't start

Even with the issues I've had with ACT, I still like it the best. I've used it for over 10 years. I've tried others that are MAC based and looked at some cloud solutions, but I still like what ACT is trying to do. I just wish I didn't have the issues.

Tuned Listener

Hi Greig,

Any word or suggestions for me? I'd really rather be able to use 2011.

Cheers!

Rick
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Rick,
I noticed you talked to ACT! Support yesterday and the issue you were having seems to have been resolved. The problem seemed to be with the installation of SQL. Just wanted to check with you to make sure with you that you are able to open the program without the errors now.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Hi Greig,

I was going to log on and post something later this afternoon about this. To date, my issue has been resolved. After 2 calls with tech support, it was discovered that when 2011 initiall installed, not all instances of 2010 and some references to SQL were dealt with properly. After tech support managed my computer and removed these instances, using the uninstall ACT program and reinstalling 2011, I'm up and running. Both techs were very helpful and knowledgeable.

I'm looking forward to giving the Smart Tasks a good go, as well as getting deeper into the E-Marketing.

Thanks!

Rick Ayres

Lakes Print

PS. I did have another instance of ACT Scheduler trying to run and causing my computer to reboot. Still not sure about that one. I don't have anything scheduled in ACT Scheduler at all. That was an issue I had frequently with 2010. Maybe it will be the only instance?   Smiley Happy

Copper Contributor

Greig,

I have had a similar experience with ACT 2011 on my Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2. Aside from serving up files and being the primary DNS server for our small shop, the only applications on this machine are Sage's Peachtree Complete 2011, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Retrospect, and ACT 2011.

ACT 2011 installed without errors or crashing. (I have learned the hard way to always do a DiskCheck prior to doing any major upgrade/installation.) The application ran fine on the server and updated the two databases that we have. I then installed ACT on our 4 workstations. Everything was operational.

I went back to the server about a week later to run ACT as a user on that machine. It failed to run, apolgized and exited automatically. I un-installed it. Rebooted, re-installed it, rebooted and it ran fine.  Two days later it is not operating again. Since none of the workstations are having a problem and ACt is working for the workstations I am just leaving the crashed application on the server alone ... got a business to run. However, someday this will probably come out and take a big chunk out of my back-wide.

Are there any known inssues with the 2003 R2 server?

thanks,

Rick

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Rick,

No, there are no issues that we are aware of with ACT! 2011 and Server 2003 R2 SP2. Is there an on-screen error message or any error recorded in the Windows event logs? If this is only happening on the local install of the server, then it's possible that there may be a conflict with another application on that machine.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.