Do you mean 

Sage ACT 2011 Pro won't install

Sage ACT 2011 Pro won't install

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Sage ACT 2011 Pro won't install

Hello Asper,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Can you provide additional information for your issue:

- Are you receiving an error message?  What is the error message?

- What is your computer operating system?

- Is there a prior version of Act! installed on the computer (or removed with/before the installation of 2011)?

Also, see your Private Notes

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi,

I have a newer HP Touchsmart 600 running Windows 7 home Premium on 64 bit.  When I insert the installation disk, NOTHING happens.  I thought maybe the disk was damaged, so put in another machine (running vista) and the disk ran properly and the installation menu came up.  Other disks run fine in my new machine, so this problem is related to the disk and the HP machine.  Any advice?  Thnx,

Jeff

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Jeff,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. The issue may be with the autorun on your machine. Once you insert the disk, try opening Windows Explorer, browsing the disk, then double-clicking the setup.exe to run the installation.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit with outlook 2010 32 bit.  Install program is telling me that I don't have service pack 3 for my XP operating system

Copper Super Contributor

This is mentioned in a KB article.

drfrank wrote:

I am running Windows 7 64 bit with outlook 2010 32 bit.  Install program is telling me that I don't have service pack 3 for my XP operating system

KB 26077 - Windows XP Service Pack 3 error

1. Browse to the root folder on your ACT! 2010 Installation CD (Right-click the CD drive and click Explore) downloaded installation files.
    2. Locate the setup.exe file and then right-click and select Properties.

3. Select the Compatibility tab.
    4. If checked, clear the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box and press OK.

Note: If the Run this program in compatibility mode option is grayed out, click on the Change settings for all users button and make the change on the screen presented.

1. Attempt to install ACT!.

Report back on how you go, but this should be sufficient. I would also, in the Windows Control Panel, uninstall .Net 4
Client Profile.