Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Sage ACT 2009 install / unistall help needed please!!!

Sage ACT 2009 install / unistall help needed please!!!

I am at my wits ends and ready to forego any product made by SAGE as i find them to be NOT USER FRIENDLY AT ALL!!! Here is what i got: I purchase ACT 2009 in early 1020, installed it on my desktop except it never ran correctly always came up with errors, i was to busy to deal with it so just left it be, then my computer started giving me error like MSI file is missing.  Recently I treid to uninstall thinking i need this program now more than ever, however, it would not unininstall so i could reinstall.  So, now I tried to load it on my newer laptop, got the same thing, it mostly installed and would not let me register, now both computers are saying: ERROR 1603-FATAL ERROR DURING INSTALLATION / CONSULT WINDOWS INSTALLER HELP (Msi.chm) or MSDN for more information. Did i throw my money away on this stupid software??? it costs alot of money and was a waste for not having been able to use it.  Can anyone out there help me please before i burn the CD and never purchase a sage product ever again!!! it is ridiculous that this is so difficult and please I never english instructions i am not a computer wiz and i do not know what the heck all the monbo jumbo computer talk means. i Will truly appreciate any and all help here, please!:     smileymad:

Re: Sage ACT 2009 install / unistall help needed please!!!

i am sorry i am so mad i make no sense, i purchased it in 2010,,,haha sorry for my misspells! shouldve use spellcheck!!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Sage ACT 2009 install / unistall help needed please!!!

Hello Dmkenny,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

The 1603 error will require a thorough clean up of the previous installation.  Following are articles with steps to manually remove the Act! program and prevent it from occurring during the reinstallation.  The removal article includes a step for running the Act! Uninstaller utility, you will want to run the utility and then follow up with the manual steps to ensure all of the required pieces are removed:

Manually remove Act! 2009: KB Article 22957

Resolving 1603 error: KB Article 19385

Resolving 1603 error: KB Article 22836

Greg Martin
Sage