Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SYNCING PALM DESKTOP WITH ACT PRO 2011

SYNCING PALM DESKTOP WITH ACT PRO 2011

I am using Windows XP Palm Desktop 4.1.4

The calendar sync intact.

The contacts sync without the notes.  How do I sync the notes with the contacts?

The memos do not sync and there is no file for the memos.  How do I set up a file for the memos?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: SYNCING PALM DESKTOP WITH ACT PRO 2011

I have tried the basic companionlink software and the professional companionlink software.  Using both products the contacts loses all the notes in the files.  There is no directory for memos so the memos does not seem to have been sync.  The calendar is synced intact.

I have long carried Act contacts and calendar (via Outlook, thence Act Link) on my Palm Treo 755, which is now creaky and ancient and needs replaced.  Meanwhile my XP laptop crashed and burned, replaced by a shiny new 64 bit Windows 7 device with Act! 2011.  I am now informed no syncing is possible to my Palm so must get a new smartphone.  Yet I am further told no sync capability exists for iPhone or Droid.  Help!

I sync my BlackBerry with Palm Desktop 4.1.4. I have an old Palm 515 that I update to the Palm Desktop 4.1.4. I have a one way sync Blackberry. I get a lot of duplicate records but I have not found any other way. I do not like the cloud or using Outlook. Act looks like the only chance of syncing everything in one place. Palm/HP has not brought back the desktop syncing. There are many links that are on their website to third party application that do some or all the functions but not in one location like the Palm Desktop. I am still trying to install and set up syncing of memos, contacts and calendar with Act. Once in Act I can view, edit and sync with my Blackberry or any other smartphone.

You certainly can sync to iPhone with Handheld Contact (I do it) ... and they'll be adding Android in a couple of months.

I can sync from the Palm Desktop to the Blackberry via the Blackberry Desktop using a one way sync.  That is not the problem.  I want to use ACT to replace the Palm Desktop and have a two sync with my handheld.  I want to be able to add, edit and delete entries on my desktop then transfer it to my Blackberry.  I like to works off a desktop then sync.

To have a look at the possible options, see:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/05/getting-act-on-your-phone.html

I personally use Handheld Contact ... by far the most reliable and feature rich.

I like the handheld when I am away from home. I like to make my entries on my computer then do a two way sync. This is the posting that lead me to buy Act Pro 2011 "January 11, 2008 at 7:09 pm #
I saw your blog post headline and had to doubletake. This is EXACTLY my experience: just upgraded my Palm Treo 680 (3rd one in 9 mos. due to crashing, freezing and spontaneously rebooting) for an ATT Blackberry Curve 8310. I LOVE it. I used to have an old Blackberry, which was too big to hold in my palm, and I kept disconnecting callers with the stupid “hang up” button they had on the side. This model rocks. I also use ACT Software, and I synchronized my ACT calendar and address book by using a link called Companionlink Software. My ACT consultant gave me a discount coupon to save $5 (the software is only $49, but, heh). The coupon code you enter at checkout is AV95OO, in case anyone else wants to try it. I’m so organized, it’s scary!"

Mike--thanks for your response to my question about syncing Act to iPhone via Handheld Connection.  When I called Sage Tech Support they told me syncing to iPhone could not be done.

Since this is all new to me--is Handheld Connection resident on the phone or the computer?  Where will I acquire it? I am running Act 2011 on a 64 bit Windows 7 laptop--does that represent a problem?  If not I'll go get a Verizon iPhone this week!!

Terry