Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SQL "sa" password

Copper Contributor

SQL "sa" password

When reinstalling ACT pro v18 on Windows 7, there is a SQL Server error message 3417, asking for a "sa" password. 

Where is the password if ACT is uninstalled?  I tried using the ACT uninstall utility but it froze and didn't complete the 

cleanup.

thanks for helpful work around.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: SQL "sa" password

f you wish, you can uninstall SQL Server and reinstall it again by creating the instance manually, in this process you will create the password .. see this article. CLICK HERE

when I finish creating the instance... On your keyboard, press the Windows key + R, type cmd, then press Enter.... 

1. Type SecurityCmdLnApp.exe xxxx , where xxxx is the SA password you used in step 13 of the “Creating a Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Instance for Act!” section of this article
  2. After the Command Prompt returns to the C:\ prompt, close the Command Prompt
  3. Launch Act!

Best regards and good luck

FIRMA.png

Copper Contributor

Pre Requisite Error to Insalling ACT Pro v18 on windows 7

Attached is a screen shot of different error messages when installing ACT Pro v18.

The most recent error was " ACT Pre-Requisite encountered an error".

Prior to this last attempt I used KB Id 38233 to manually uninstall ACT pro v18.

I thought the registry was clean and there were no references to SQL server in 

the Add/Remove list within Control Panel Programs.

I'm stumped and would appreciate additional assistance.

Thanks

Nickel Contributor

Re: Pre Requisite Error to Insalling ACT Pro v18 on windows 7

If you have an existing Act! database, hopefully you have a working backup (zip) file.

It would appear that you have an old version of SQL Server Express on your system. 

I don't know whether it is being used by some other software, but if not I would uninstall it.

Here is an overview of the process I would use to install Act! with a new version of SQL Server Express.

- Uninstall Act! (current version) (from the "Uninstall a program" Control Panel)

- Stop any SQL Server Express services that are running (Microsoft Management Console - services.msc)

- Uninstall SQL Server Express (from the "Uninstall a program" Control Panel)

- (Re)install Act!

- Run Windows updates

Perhaps someone who is an ACC can jump in here and give their take on this. 

These steps work well for me.