01-31-2011 07:30 AM
Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!
I'm not sure of the exact message you are receiving, but likely it is referring to the 'SQL Server (ACT7)' service. To check this:
- click on Windows Start Button > if running XP - select RUN. If Vista/Windows 7 > use the Search field
- enter command 'Services.msc' and hit enter
- on Services screen > scroll down and locate 'SQL Server (ACT7)' > check the Status column
- if it is blank > right click on the service and select Start
- if it has 'Started' > right click on the service and select 'Restart'
While on the Services screen > check the 'Startup Type' column and ensure that is is sett to 'Automatic'.
If this service continues to stop on it's own, be sure to check your Add/Remove programs (Programs and Features = Vista/Win7) for any updates to the SQL Server 2005 program. If you find any listed, remove it/them from the list so they do not attempt to apply. Microsoft has recently released a Service Pack 4 update for SQL Server 2005 and it may be causing the service to fail to start.