Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SQL database command timed out error message

Copper Contributor

SQL database command timed out error message

Have just installed Act pro 2012 on 2 brand new Win7 Pro 64 bit PCs.  One of the PCs is the Act server.  When trying to access the Act database from the 2 PC we get the "SQL database command timed out" error message after entering the username & password.  The database is shared.  All files are in the firewall exceptions list & added SQL ports as in KB article no 19420 & the directory where the database is stored has full control permissions for all users.  We have tried disabling the firewall & antivirus on both PCs but to no affect.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Tony

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: SQL database command timed out error message

Make sure all of the files of the database and the directory are set to allow full control for 'Everyone'. The permissions may not have propagated down to the files.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

All files in the sub directories are set to Full Control for everyone.  Any other ideas?

Tony

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello Tony,
Try increasing the value for DatabaseCommandTimeOut.Default to at least 300. Instructions are in this KB article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1415...

Before adjusting, have all users log out of ACT! and close ACT! on the host machine. After the adjustment, stop then restart the SQL Server (ACT7) service. This can also be done from the Tools menu in the ACT! Diagnostics utility.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Hi Greg.  I adjusted the timeout to 300 seconds & restarted the service.  Now when I click on the  Act icon it takes 45 seonds to open then I get the "The SQL Database Command timed out" error message.  I click OK & then I have to go File Open database & select the database.  I get the logon screen straight away & logon which completes successfully then hangs for at least 5 minutes before the database appears.  Any more ideas?  Thanks

Tony