Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SQL Server

SQL Server

Hi all, I have a couple of questions re SQL Server...

OK so I am attempting to install ACT!Pro v16, this machine already has SQL Server 2008 R2 Express with Advanced Services on it, and when I come to the custom install choices for ACT!Pro v16 (as I like to see whats being installed where) it shows the checkbox ticked for installing SQL Express. Which of course I feel is a little odd and I do not want to allow the install routine to mess up the SQL server nor cost a chunk of time cleaning up.

So would like any input as to what this is all about and why its showing up despite SQL Express being installed already and wether I should untick it, leave it alone etc etc...

Thanks

mrbrooks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: SQL Server

What is required is the ACT! instance of the sequal server. You can manually create the ACT! instance for your existing installation of Sequal 2008 R2. However because you are installing ACT! Pro you have no choice other than to allow the installation of Sequal express 2008 R2 and the associated ACT! instance. To use ACT! with Sequal standard you would need to have ACT! Premium.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy, yeah I did setup the Instance manually and just gave the install routine the chosen password when required to do so...
Platinum Elite Contributor

But Pro only works with sequal express.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Roy, this box IS using SQL Server 2008 R2 Express Edition, all works fine.

Thanks for the input.

mrbrooks