Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SQL Server errors installing ACT! Pro 2011 on Vista machine

SQL Server errors installing ACT! Pro 2011 on Vista machine

[ Edited ]

I purchased a Dell laptop that came with a DVD called Total PC Software Suite. One of the software programs is ACT! 2011 Pro. I installed it without difficulty on the laptop. I need to also install it on my desktop but I am running into SQL server errors and other problems. The laptop is Windows 7 and the desktop is Windows Vista. Any ideas?

[Edit: Edited subject line to match to topic]

Bronze Contributor

Re: SQL Server errors installing ACT! Pro 2011 on Vista machine

first make sure when installing to Vista right click on the setup and use the "run as administrator" option or failing this do a google search to enable the administrator account on vista and rerun the install as this is the most likely cause.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Re: SQL Server errors installing ACT! Pro 2011 on Vista machine

I had a similar issue today and tech support pointed out that the SQL service was not running. It could have been disabled by WindowsUpdates and a Restart may have helped (which you have probably already tried). Specifically, "SQL Server (ACT7)" needs to be Started if it is not already running.
I understand you may have already checked that, but I thought I would throw this out to save someone a phone call.