Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SQL Server Problem

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

SQL Server Problem

Dear Users,

In an attempt to reesolve various issues with my computer today I accidently uninstalled the SQL Server 2005. I'm using ACT! 2008 v. 10. But now I can't open any of the databases. How can i remedy this?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jonhl
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: SQL Server Problem

Hello jonhl,

In order to open databases that are on your machine, you will need to reinstall SQL Server. You can do this either by uninstalling ACT!, rebooting, then doing the full install of ACT! (which will include SQL); or you can manually reinstall SQL per the instructions in KB Article 19386. Neither of these processes should have a negative impact on your databases.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jonhl
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello jonhl,

In order to open databases that are on your machine, you will need to reinstall SQL Server. You can do this either by uninstalling ACT!, rebooting, then doing the full install of ACT! (which will include SQL); or you can manually reinstall SQL per the instructions in KB Article 19386. Neither of these processes should have a negative impact on your databases.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Worked perfectly, thank you Greig

I finally have my ACT!2009 working on my Windows 7 64b machine, but now I can't get my data that is on the backed up hard drive. When I try to import I get:  "the database cannot be opened because it is a version 661.  This database supports version 612 and earlier."

I know it has something to do with Windoes SQL server, most of these problems do.

My question is which download of Windows SQL server (off microsoft's download page) do I get that has version 661?  I also know that if I get the wrong one, there is no way to downgrade.  Been through some of these issues before.

I cannot find this article. Ever since I upgraded to Act Pro the  SQL server error message keeps reappearing in 3 different computers. Suggestions?

Administrator

[ Edited ]

The article can be found here:
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19386

Here's another article that explains the testing procedure after install:
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29340

Let us know if you have further problems.