Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SQL Server Issues in Act Pro 11

SQL Server Issues in Act Pro 11

The Act Pro 11 stopped working properly (a long error msg kept coming up about  binary codes), so I had to manually delete ACT from my computer following knowldege base article "How to Manually Remove Sage ACT! Pro 2011 and Sage ACT! Premium 2011".

I then reinstalled ACT and it installed successfully.

However the issue is: I cannot open any database, or create any database. When trying to create database, error msg appears "Cannot create local database; SQL server is not installed locally. When trying to open any database, error msg appears "The database XXXX cannot be accessed."

I then tried to install SQL server manually following a knowledge base article. However the installation process failed.

Could anyone please help me through my issue? I need to get the ACT up and running ASAP.

Many thanks,

Kate 

Silver Contributor

Re: SQL Server Issues in Act Pro 11

Tough to say, but if the KB didn't help, it's hard to know exactly what went wrong.  My next step would be to work with a Certified Consultant or contact sage Directly.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Hi Thanks,

Eventually i had to run system recovery and had to reinstall ACT instead. Lucky the laptop only uses a subscriber database and we just created another remote database for it.

Thanks anyway.

Silver Contributor

That would do it too. But generally would reccomend as it may mess up other things.  Glad you're all set.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider