Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SQL Server Database Services 2005 update issue, not solved at all. Please HELP!

Tuned Listener

SQL Server Database Services 2005 update issue, not solved at all. Please HELP!

I have ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1 English (Europe).

on Windows XP Professional SP2

Today is the last day for synchro (btw what happens next? will I loose the chance to synchro after tomorrow???) and I really need to solve this issue.

I have a log file for the installatino error, the update for the SQL server does not want to install, I don´t know what to do I tried already a lot.

here the error log...

Time: 09/17/2008 18:30:02.781
KB Number: K........
Machine: D.........
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Package Language: 1033 (ENU)
Package Platform: x86
Package SP Level: 2
Package Version: 3068
Command-line parameters specified:
Cluster Installation: No

**********************************************************************************
Prerequisites Check & Status
SQLSupport: Passed

**********************************************************************************
Products Detected                         Language  Level  Patch Level       Platform  Edition
SQL Server Database Services 2005 (ACT7)  ENU       SP2    2005.090.3042.00  x86       EXPRESS

Products Disqualified & Reason
Product                                   Reason

Processes Locking Files
Process Name          Feature               Type          User Name                  PID

Product Installation Status
Product                   : SQL Server Database Services 2005 (ACT7)
Product Version (Previous): 3042
Product Version (Final)   :
Status                    : Fehler
Log File                  : C:\Programme\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Setup Bootstrap\LOG\Hotfix\SQL9_Hotfix_KB948109_sqlrun_sql.msp.log
SQL Express Features      :
Error Number              : 29503
Error Description         : MSP Error: 29503  The SQL Server service failed to start. For more information, see the SQL Server Books Online topics, "How to: View SQL Server 2005 Setup Log Files" and "Starting SQL Server Manually."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summary
     One or more products failed to install, see above for details
     Exit Code Returned: 29503

thanks

Re: SQL Server Database Services 2005 update issue, not solved at all. Please HELP!

The update failing isn't going to cause database sync to fail or stop working.  Not applying the SQL update isn't going to break ACT! or make you vulnerable to database lose or security threats.

If the database expires, you'll be able to sync one more time before its disables sync.  Then you can create a new RDB.

What issue do you have with syncing?  Do you receive any error message?

Tuned Listener

Re: SQL Server Database Services 2005 update issue, not solved at all. Please HELP!

thanks for the response , so maybe I will be able to solve this main problem first.

So, when I try to synchro it tells me " ACT! is unable to connect to the sync server. Check to be sure "accept incomin sync" is enabled in the main database and that the Network sync service is running. Also be sure you are connected to your network. Contact your administrator for assistance."

accept incomin sync is ENABLED

how do I test if  the Network sync service is running (it probably is)

it seems I am connected to my network

That is a generic error message.  Network sync service isn't available in the standard edition of ACT!.  Having accepting incoming syncs is fine.

First try running database maintenance from actdiag on the server and remote machine.

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures

Were you able to sync successfully before?  Try turning off your Windows and antivirus firewalls on the server and remote machine for testing.  If it works, then we can add the proper exclusions later.

If it still fail, change the computer name to the IP address on the remote database.  Steps are below.

- On the main computer, go to Start -> Run

- Type in cmd and click Ok.

- When the cmd prompt box appears, type ipconfig and press enter.

- You'll see IP Address ..... <IP Address> <- copy that down.

- Now on the remote database, go to Tools -> Sync Panel.

- Select Manage Connection information.

- Delete the computer name and enter the IP address you wrote down.

- Test sync.

Tuned Listener

Hi ,

Yes I was able to synchronize 50 days ago.

after the Check and Repair procedure it tells me it is ok.

after the ACT! Diagnostics Utility Database Repair Procedures:  it tells me it cannot connect to the SQL server

Tuned Listener

even with the IP address instead of the laptop name  it does not change anything Smiley Sad
Tuned Listener

Please help today is the last day for synchro.

will be the database unreachable tomorrow or what?  

thanks

Tuned Listener

Hi thanks again for the help, but sadly are the databases not yet synchronizing. I am quite lost.
Platinum Elite Contributor