Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SQL Server Active Directory Helper.

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

SQL Server Active Directory Helper.

Help with ACT 2007, [9.0.1.162] Subject: SQL Server Active Directory Helper. After upgrading to Explorer 8, (which may or may not have relivance) I lost access to my ACT program and received the following message:  “Windows could not start SQL Server Active Directory Helper on local computer.  For more information, review System event log.  If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code-1073741724.”

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author polyengineering
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: SQL Server Active Directory Helper.

Please check ACT! KB Article 21104 and apply SQL Express Service Pack 3 to see if your issue is then resolved.

Please post your results.

thanks 

Matthew McFadden

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author polyengineering
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Please check ACT! KB Article 21104 and apply SQL Express Service Pack 3 to see if your issue is then resolved.

Please post your results.

thanks 

Matthew McFadden

File name: ACT 07 SQL Server Active Directory Helper

6/23/2009 3:09 PM

Matthew McFadden  Dear Matthew, Here are my experiences with your recommendation for solving the loss of our access to our ACT!  Program:  Unfortunately, my attempts to solve the problem failed. I apologize for the delay in trying your solution, (been in the "thick of thin things") but want you to know we appreciate you help and would suffer an extreme hardship if we were to loose our access to our data base. Thank you for your help!Charlie Buzzell, PresidentPoly-Engineering Original message, 6/19/09  Help with ACT 2007, [9.0.1.162] Subject: SQL Server Active Directory Helper. After upgrading to Explorer 8, (not sure how relevant this upgrade is to problem),  I lost access to my ACT program and received the following message:  “Windows could not start SQL Server Active Directory Helper on local computer.  For more information, review System event log.  If this is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to service-specific error code-1073741724.”     Your response: Please check ACT! KB Article 21104 and apply SQL Express Service Pack 3 to see if your issue is then resolved. Please post your results. thanks 

Matthew McFadden
Principal Software Quality Engineer
ACT! Installation & Deployment Group
Sage Software, Inc.
 6/23/2009 3:18 PM  Result of trying your solution.   My attempts to execute your fix, were stopped at the “Run/actdiag stage” where I encountered the following error message at the “ACT! Diagnostics” dialog box:           “Server Name: textServerName          Server Edition: textSQLServerEdition          Server Version: testServerProductVersion          Server Collation: textServerCollation           Server Account: textServerAccount” In a separate box, the following message was displayed:“ACT! Diagnostics:Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.  If you click Continue, the Application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.  If you click quit, the Application will close immediately. Login failed for user ‘access’ reason: Server is in single user mode.  Only one Administrator can connect at this time.”  I am and have always been the Administrator and only user.   Additional Information: I saw a listing on the left side of the window that said: SQL Error Log and found the following information repeated numerous times: “:Error 18461, Severity: 14,  State 1Login failed for user ‘NT authority\Systems: Reason: Server is in single user Mode.  Only one administrator can connect at a time.  [Client: <Local Machine>]” 
Kudos! Thanks!
          HELP!!!
Nickel Elite Contributor

Please have a look @ this post if you haven't already, it may prove useful to you as well:

<<http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlsecurity/thread/955469ff-da1b-420b-a6dc-2c805238d49...>>

thanks 

Matthew McFadden