Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SQL Native Server/Server 2005 won't load

SQL Native Server/Server 2005 won't load

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I am having a huge problem and I don't know what to do. I have read the help in previous posts but nothing works.

I have a new computer Windows XP (large hard drive, no space or memory issues). I have loaded ACT 2008 10.0. The SQL will not load. The SQL Native Client is in the Add/Remove programs. There is not an option to uninstall, but the bytes are 0 and it says rarely used. Again, there is no button to uninstall. Everything else (SQL) gave me the option to uninstall which I did.

What I have done:

I have uninstalled

*mxml parse 6.0 & 4.0

*MS VSS writer

*SQL Server setup support

I didn't uninstall SQL Native Client or Database Service because they aren't on the computer. They never install.

I have taken the ACT CD, dependencies, and attempted to install SQL installer. It said that I needed to have ACT installed in order to use it. I reinstalled ACT and tried it again and the SQL Native Client and SQL DB Service would not install.

I have installed and uninstalled each 10 times. Nothing works. I even tried downloading the SQL installer from Microsoft.com and it wouldn't work. Can anyone help me get the Native Client installed and remove the words from the Add/Remove programs? Does anyone know why it won't install? I can't find anything in the troubleshooting area on Native Client.

Can anyone out there help me with this? I am stumped!

Message Edited by orim031 on 07-30-2008 10:20 PM

Re: SQL Native Server/Server 2005 won't load

orim031,

What error message do you receive during the installation?

Hello,

I don't believe I received an error message on installation or if I did I don't recall.  It simply didn't load the Native Client Server or the SQL 2005. It then proceeded to load Act 2008, but because all of the parts of the SQL were not there it wouldn't work.  

When I went to some of the database sites they said that there was a problem with a portion of the SQL Native Client Server

being in the programs even though it was empty. It needed to be removed completely. No one could tell me how to do this.

I ended up reloading Windows on my computer since everything I tried to remove it wouldn't work.  That worked like a charm.

It removed the piece of the Native Client Server. My database is working wonderfully now.

Oh, a quick question for you on a different note. I made a different layout for my database and it will not tab from the first box to the 2nd. It will tab through the rest, but when you're doing data entry it is tedious to have to keep using the mouse.

Layout:

County

Name           It will not tab to this box from the County

Phone number 

Thanks so much for your time! 

You'll need to assign tab stops to those fields.  Within the layout designer, go to View | Tab Stops | Show Tab Stops.  You can then assign tab stops in the order you like by click the fields.