Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SQL (ACT7)

SQL (ACT7)

[ Edited ]

Running Act Standard 2010 and have just upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7.  In the upgrade ACT quit working. Error message I get is ACT7 Instance cannot be connected successfully due to incorrect password or SQL service may not be running.

I've looked at services and indeed SQL (ACT7) is not available at all.

I've installed MS SQL Server 2005 (read something here that made me think I'd be able to set up (ACT7) from there but that isn't the case.

Can anyone tell me how to install SQL (ACT7)?

Thanks

Gerry 

Re: SQL (ACT&)

Oops! The topic is supposed to be SQL (ACT7) Thanks

Mike:
Thanks for the help. I successfully created the SQL ACT7 server but still get the same message saying wrong password or ACT7 server not installed. I see ACT7 server in "services. msc" and MS server manager so I believe it's there and I've compared it to my laptop settings to insure all SQL servers are set correctly. As to the password I've used the ActbySage1! they recommend and also tried my login password. Still no success. Guess I'll be calling ACT tech support tomorrow morning.
Gerry
Platinum Elite Contributor

I think you can reset the SQL password in ACTDIAG:

Server menu | Server Security

If that doesn't work, you may need to reinstall ACT! and tell it what the sa password is when it installs... it then randomizes it

Thanks Mike.  Turned out that upgrading to Windows 7 caused a bunch of stuff to get moved where ACT couldn't find it and had to have an ACT tech walk me through removing numerous references in the registry and then reinstall.

The process of installing SQL ACT7 server by the instructions in the knowledge base doesn't actually "Install" the ACT7 server, just establishes it's parameters.  Actually installing ACT when that's done installs the SQL server and connects it to ACT.

I appreciate your effort.  Keep on keepin on.

Cheers

Gerry

Platinum Elite Contributor

There's a link at the bottom of the 2nd link I posted above that creates the ACT7 instance for you also :-)