Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SQL ACT7 instance without removing SQL 2005

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

SQL ACT7 instance without removing SQL 2005

We have several databases dependent on SQL 2005.

We had an issue with a database and had to remove SQL from the server (SBS2003)

Act was not our most important database, however the process of recreating the SQL ACT7 instance now seems impossible without uninstalling SQL 2005 again!

I have succesfully restored every database barr the ACT database.

From what I understand I have to open the dependencies file in the setup disk after uninstalling SQL 2005 and reinstall it so the SQLACT7 instance can be recreated through the SQL 2005 setup.

The thing is, I have already reinstalled 2005 due to the necessity of our main database which is operational again and a major pain to setup again. I really don't want to uninstall again.

Is there a way around this please? Preeetty please!

Cheers

Michael

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mequel
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: SQL ACT7 instance without removing SQL 2005

Mequel,

The process of creating any instance, ACT7 included, is a function of installing SQL.  If you wanted to create 5 database instances, the process would indeed require you to launch the SQL Setup routine 5 times.  This is simply the way SQL 2005 works.

hope this is helpful.

thanks

Matthew McFadden

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mequel
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Mequel,

The process of creating any instance, ACT7 included, is a function of installing SQL.  If you wanted to create 5 database instances, the process would indeed require you to launch the SQL Setup routine 5 times.  This is simply the way SQL 2005 works.

hope this is helpful.

thanks

Matthew McFadden

HI Matthew,

thanks all for responses.  The knowledgebase article which described the error I was getting said to uninstall SQL 2005.This is what threw me. It didn't actually describe just running the SQL2005 setup again!

As per your solution, after simply uninstalling the ACT program from the server, reinstalling ACT the SQL ACT instance was reinstalled, I simply restored the database from backup and attached it.

Thanks again.