Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

[SOLVED] Contacts disappeared and administrator rights issue

[SOLVED] Contacts disappeared and administrator rights issue

[ Edited ]

Hello,

This morning when I opened up ACT I was surprised to see that all of my contacts just disappeared. Since no back-ups and database savings have been made for a very long time I thought I would just import my contact again from the excel file I have with all of them.

However, when I click on “file” in the menu, the “import” option is greyed out. After reading some posts on this forum I figured out it was related to administrator rights.

Here is the thing, the person who created the database and set up ACT no longer works in the company. However I have her name and password so we have been logging in with her account but after checking she happens not to be the administrator (standard user) so I can’t manage users and administrator rights.

There are two other users that were added after, they shouldn’t be administrators and we have never logged in with their account (their name is only used to inform who entered the contact name). I tried but apparently we don’t have the right username/password.

I guess there must be at least one admin but how to determine who this is?

Also, is there a way to change administrative rights without being the administrator?

Do you know a way to get my contact back without back-ups and being an admin ?

I have been using ACT for only a couple months so I’m far from being an expert. I saw some more or less related topics on this forum but I’m not confident in using them since they are complicated and I’m not sure if related to my problem.

Complementary information:

Sage ACT! Pro 2011 Version 13.1.111.0 Hotfix 1

French version, number of license: 1

I guess we use a private database since we only access it from one laptop where it is installed on

I would really appreciate your help, I have been struggling with this for hours ...

Thank you in advance

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Contacts disappeared and administrator rights issue

This is a good time to call a local Act! Certfied Consultant - http://act.com/partners/act-certified-consultants/

Michael Matthews
Bridge Concepts, Inc.
Fort Worth, TX
www.bridgeconcepts.com

[ Edited ]

No French consultants on this link but I'll look up for one somewhere else. I suppose it won't be free, maybe it would be easier to just change my CRM.

So I assume my problem is too complicated to be answered on a forum ?!

This is definitely not a good sign ...

Would anyone have any idea of how to get my administrator rights back ? 

How about working with Microsoft SQL Server Management to changer user permissions in the right table?

Answer found by myself after hours !

I used Microsoft SQL server management, and managed to give myself administrator rights in the USER_PERMISSION table adding lines for USERID and PERMISSIONID. I could then access to "Manage users" in ACT and made my account as an administrator.

Let me know if someone is interested by a more developped explanation. 

Regards, 

Lucas

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi Lucas,

I am curious to know if you were able to see which other user was an administrator once you were able to access the Manage users Tool.

Kind Regards

Jared Dalrymple | Technical Consultant | P:+61 7 3423 3551
jared@evolutionmarketing.com.au | Evolution Marketing Services

Another user was indeed an administrator but we could't even log in with his name since we would get a error message saying that we only have a license for one person. His name was only used to indicate the specific contacts he added.

I'm surprised there was no alert message from ACT at the very beginning saying that the only user allowed to log in MUST be an administrator to keep the various software options available.

Anyways, now everyone's administrator Smiley Happy