Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SMART TASK running 4 instead of 1 time

Copper Contributor

SMART TASK running 4 instead of 1 time

Recently I posted a general problem with smart tasks. I now have a specific example of a smart task performing strangely and I would like to know how to remedy this

I made a task scheduling an activity 2 weeks before trial membership of a certain mailing list ends:

smarttask_prob_0.png

The query selecting the relevant contact is as follows:

smarttask_prob_1.png

Today one contact has been selected by the query so you would expect one activity to be scheduled for this contact.

However, much to my surprise, 4 activities were scheduled. All on the designated time

smarttask_prob_2.png

I would like to know why the task ran 4 times or scheduled 4 instead of 1 activity for this contact and of course how I can avoid this in the future.

Administrator

Re: SMART TASK running 4 instead of 1 time

Hi Maris,

Do you have the option selected to only run the smart task once for each record?

You can find this by editing the task and just underneath the criteria section you should find the checkbox:

Act!_2018-03-08_09-28-46.png

Even so, I wouldn't expect the task to run 4 times. Is this happening every time, or was it a one off for this record?

I'd recommend completely stopping the smart task and restarting it. And if it continues, it may be worth rebuilding the smart task entirely.

Copper Contributor

I had not checked this box but I noticed it does not make any difference. I had it checked with other tasks and the option has been ignored by all of them, repeating actions several times for no apparent reason.

I actually have several other  issues with smart tasks.

2 tasks that should have run this morning did not automatically start at the desginted time. I ran them manually about an hour later.

Also Act was blown up by a  task I already deleted yesterday. This task causes act to go in a loop sending the same swiftpage message endlessly to the selected contacts.

How can I be sure all tasks in Act are stopped and removed? I already ran the bat file: Remove_Pending_Smart_Tasks.BAT several times.

Administrator

I'd recommend recreating the task from scratch and seeing if it runs correctly then - this will give us an idea as to whether this is a specific issue with the Smart Tasks you have, or if it's in aissue with the database itself.