Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SHORTCOMINGS OF ACT!

SHORTCOMINGS OF ACT!

[ Edited ]

Although the program is packed with excellent features, it is in dire need of serious upgrading and re-thinking:

eg: editing and creating fields is as clunky as my mother-in-law's false teeth. I had to pay for training to do this, which was excellent, but really should not have been necessary. The online guide to this process is useless. Field creation etc is way, way behind Sage 50 in this regard. While one can alter font and size of font in Task List, you can't in the Calendar (the body text that is). That is woeful, really poor. This makes reading, let alone printing quite hard, esp with modern monitors. This must be addressed.

The wordprocessor you use has to ACT's own or Word. Why? It should be compatible with any package the user uses.

The program is only compatible with internet accounts or Outlook. It should be compatible with Thunderbird for starters.

[Edit: Content removed. Please post courteously per Community Guidelines]

Do something, Sage! Be sage!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: SHORTCOMINGS OF ACT!

I recently did this article on how Sage product managers make these decisions:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2011/01/how-are-product-management-decisions.html

In order to get these things looked at, there needs to be more users in ACT!'s market who are using Thunderbird and other wordprocessors.

I agree with you about the ability to change the fonts.
Bronze Super Contributor

Sure, Act! ain't perfect, but the shortcomings mentioned are not true show stoppers...

How often do we actually create new fields?  Generally most of that happens up front, and then there are minor tweaks here and there - it's not something that a typical user spends a lot of time doing.

The calendar font size is a limit of the component used for that part of the system, it would be nice if you could change it, but, right now it doesn't...

What other word processor support would you like to see?  The challenge is that every program has it's own template version, SDK to support integration.  That is not necessarily a small undertaking - and for how much of the overall user base?

It ain't perfect, but it is pretty good.  Especially when you can buy it for as little as $99 in some places...

Platinum Elite Contributor

PROBLEM WITH TAB STOPS!!

Platinum Super Contributor

Platinum Super Contributor

Note: This topic closed per moderation.  Please post any new submissions as new topics.

Greg Martin
Sage