09-17-2012 11:22 AM
I came into work and on Friday and all the shared Database are no longer SHARED. There is no longer a SHARE / UNSHARE button in the selection of databases. Also the computers sharing the databases even though it see them says can't find. No one made any changes to computer.
Also the in the TOOLS drop down MENU ....share is greyed out.
09-18-2012 06:43 AM - edited 09-18-2012 06:44 AM
Some questions for you:
- What version of ACT! are you using?
- I assume you are seeing this on the server? What operating system does the server use?
- Are the client machines able to access the database?
- If you browse to the directory where the databases are located, is that directory still shared?
- Is the [database files] folder for the databases still shared?
You may also want to take a look at this Knowledgebase article:
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.
09-18-2012 10:14 AM
Thanks Greig for jumping to help.
Logging back in with Admin Control let me reselect the databases from the Tools drop down menu. However when i use the Open / Share Databases it does not have the Button for Share or Unshare.
With that being said I am getting one step closer to getting control again...because with the new Error Message is "The SQL Database Instance is Unavailable"..... HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM NOW?
All the folders are still shared. The server is Windows 2008 Small Business Server. The computers that were able to connect to databases before Sony Vaio 64 Bit Windows 7 Pro and HP Pro Book 64 Bit with Windows 7 Premium.
Thanks in Advance...
09-18-2012 08:37 PM
One the server:
1) Start | Run | Services.msc
2) Select SQL Server (ACT7)
3) Right click | Select Start