Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SERVER OUT OF MEMORY ERROR

SERVER OUT OF MEMORY ERROR

Hi,

We are running ACT! 2005. We have been syncing our remote database (windows xp) to our database server (windows xp) with no problem until last week. We are getting an server out of memory error. I recreated a remote database and tested to see if it will sync successfully and it did. I then imported all the information that was in the "bad" remote database into the new one and it stopped syncing and gave me the same out of memory error. So I assume it must have been the images that the user has been attaching to the contacts. So is there a size limit on how big the images can be??

Btw: I've cleared temp folders in both PC's, restart sql service all the time, rebuild sync objects, repair and reindex database. Oh, both server and remote are running the same version. 

Any ideas on a fix? We need the images to sync so syncing without attachments is not an option.

Thank you in advance!!!!

Re: SERVER OUT OF MEMORY ERROR

Apparently no one in this forum seem to be able to answer ANY of my questions.

So my fix for this problem was the following...

1. I resized all images that might have been too big (not sure if this was required because JUST resizing them didn't fix the problem)

2. Since the user has information in the remote database that I needed to keep I saved the remote database into a temp_database

3. Create another fresh remote db from the server and restore it on the remote pc

4. Import temp_database into my freshly created remote db.

5. Sync!!!! 

I hope this helps some of the people out there looking for information.