Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SAGE ACT has detected an Incomparable version of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 ACT7. Please uninstall this instance and and restart the installation.

Copper Contributor

SAGE ACT has detected an Incomparable version of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 ACT7. Please uninstall this instance and and restart the installation.

I deleted ACT7 (see previous message). I am now try to resintall Sage ACT! Pro 2011. I start the install but the installation process stalls at Running System Check. This has happened twice.

Why can't I reinstall Sage ACT! Pro 2011?

Does any one have a solution for thos problem?

Thanks!

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: SAGE ACT has detected an Incomparable version of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 ACT7. Please uninstall this instance and and restart the installation.

Hi Harold

ACT2011 is using SQL2005, and SQL2005 has issues with actual patches/HF/Dot.net from Microsoft. my personal recomedation would be consider a upgrade to the actual Act version, then you would be probably  fine again for the next few years.

one of the things that can create issues, is, dot.net 4.x and higher. there are also a bunch of other things that may cause the issues, depending on OS, Version(32 bit or 64 bit) Office version, etc,

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040
Copper Contributor

Re: SAGE ACT has detected an Incomparable version of Microsoft SQL Server 2008 ACT7. Please uninstall this instance and and restart the installation.

I was able to delete  Microsoft SQL Server 2008 ACT7 and ACT Pro 2011. I then resinstalled ACT Pro 2011. The installation when off with out a problem! However (there is always a 'however'), when I went to start ACT, it would not load my default database (.pad file). I recived the following error:

Tghe database LusoMachine could not be accessed.jpg

I then went to Services (in the past I found that SQL Server (ACT7) does not always start when it is supposed to) and attempted to manually start SQL Server (ACT7), I recived this error:

June 23a.png

This is the same problem I have had!

I also attamepted to start in ServicesSQL Server Agent (ACT7). When I did that, I got this error message:

Does anyone have a solution to this? I have been advise to upgarde my version of ACT Pro 2011 to a later version. I would first like to repair this problem, before I seek then funds to do so from management. Plus, this happened for no appearent reason! Last Friday I shut down my laptop, after a days work. Withn no ACT Pro 2011 issues! On Monday morning, I started my laptop, and discovered these issues. I ran a virus check, and found no indications of any virus infections.

HELP!!!!!!

Silver Super Contributor

Try uninstalling ACT! and SQL 2008 (uninstall the whole thing including the ACT7 instance) and then ninstall ACT! 2011 Pro with SP1 included.  ACT! 2011 Pro with SP1 actually uses SQL 2008 R2.  I'm not sure what version of SQL you really have installed but that procedure should get you the SQL 2008 R2 version of SQL which hopefully will resolve your problem.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!