Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Running a report for Contacts with Notes only, but all Contacts appear on report

Running a report for Contacts with Notes only, but all Contacts appear on report

I have ACT 2010 and am trying to run a report for contacts that have notes only, but report prints all contacts even ones without notes.   The note is in the detail section of a template report called Landlord report.  The property for the detail section is set to "Yes" for Hide on Empty".  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Running a report for Contacts with Notes only, but all Contacts appear on report

It sounds like the note field is added to the main body of the report rather than in a subreport. It would need to be in a subreport for hide on empty to work.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Running a report for Contacts with Notes only, but all Contacts appear on report

Roy,

Thank you for your quick response.  Is there a way for me to make it work where the note field is currently located?  If not, how would I put the note in a sub-report?  I am not very familiar with sub-reports.  Thank you.

Try running the Notes History report for the Notes only.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I will try that.  Thanks.

Add "group name" field to the notes/history template

I have customized the notes/history report and have it the way I need except that I cannot add the "group name" field to template.  The option I get is for "contact" versus "group".  I have attached a few photos of the template and report.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Notes custom_1.jpgNotes custom_2.jpgPages from Notes - Histories.jpg

Re: Add "group name" field to the notes/history template

The ACT! Notes History report is a contact based report and doesn't have direct access to the group table fields.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Which report do you recommend that I use to get these results?  Thanks.

You can't with the ACT! reports unless you added a field to the contact table for group name and added the group name there. I believe I could make such a report with the Durkin Impact rports but it would be a very complex report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129