Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Running Act 11 over LAN with Win 2003 Server (Stuck) Please HELP!

Running Act 11 over LAN with Win 2003 Server (Stuck) Please HELP!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Running Act 11 over LAN with Win 2003 Server (Stuck) Please HELP!

Hello Derekao,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. It looks like the body of your post did not display. This is due to you using Internet Explorer 9 as your browser, which is not yet fully supported by this forum. To properly post in this forum, you will either need to put IE9 into IE8 compatibility mode for this site or use another browser. We look forward to hearing from you.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks, I will try it in Firefox.  i am running Win 2003 Server.  I installed Act 11 on a workstation installed DB and then moved it to the server.  Shared the directory.  I can see all the files including .ADF and . PAD but I am unable to access the DB on server.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help!!

- What is the error message you are receiving when trying to access the server database?
- What was the method you used to move the database from the PC to the the server?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

The database "My DB Name" could not be accessed.  In order to access theis database, check your network connection and verifty that your database is available.  It may be necessary to disable any firewall software on your computer or the server.

Second part:  How did you move.  I stopped the SQL server copy all files and moved to server.

If you moved the database by physically moving all the files, then the issue is probably the .PAD file. This file contains the location of the database and moving it will make it invalid. To resolve, see KB Article 19640. Click the link for "The .PAD file is damaged" (5th option) and follow the steps for "Damaged .PAD File". If this does not resolve, you can try one or more of the other suggestions in the article.

Greig Hollister

Thanks for the quick response.  I already renamed the .PAD file with the full server name for host.  I am unable to install Act 11 on server so I do not have Actdiag on the server.  What  should I try next.

Thanks

That could be the issue. You will need to have both ACT! and SQL Server installed on the machine that is hosting the database in order for client machines to access it. Also, when say "ACT! 11", is that version 11 (ACT! 2009) or ACT! 2011 (version 13)?

Greig Hollister

I am sorry act 2011.