Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Running ACT 2010 under Windows 7

Running ACT 2010 under Windows 7

Have successfully installed Act 2010 under Windows 7.  However, seem to be stumbling over a couple of issues that might indicate that the install was not as clean as I thought -

• Can't move Outlook Calendar info into ACT Calendar.
  • Relationship Dialoge Box isn't bounded - e.g., the notes area keeps enlarging and there's no way to access the Submit button.

Does anyone have step-by-step instructions to ensure a proper install or, I dread asking this, am I running into a couple of bugs in the program?

Appreciate any thoughts

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Running ACT 2010 under Windows 7

Windows 7 is not a supported operating system at this time.  However, I think the issues you are experiencing are program specific and have nothing to do with the hosting operating system.

Do you have the ability to try this on a non Windows 7 machine?

thanks

Matthew McFadden

I've loaded Act 2010 on a Windows Vista Business OS without incident or problem and the program appears to work as advertised  Seems that this fact would indicate it's a compatibility issue with Windows 7 - however, I have hope that it's an installation glitch....and that there's a simple procedure out there that will address it.  Otherwise, I'll just have to wait until the official release of Windows before bombarding Sage with whining crys for support.
Nickel Elite Contributor

This would only be an installation related item if:

1) An error occured during the installation process itself.

2) An error is thrown during application usage due to an incomplete file registration.

Does the issue go away if you run the application in XP / Compatibility mode?

thanks

Matthew McFadden

Oddly, the issues remain even when attempting to run the program in compatibility mode.  I'm at a loss.
Nickel Elite Contributor

I had no issues with regards to Outlook and ACT! Activities and calendars.  I am using Outlook 2007 SP2 on Windows 7 Enterprise.

Also, I don't see any issue regarding Relationship dialogs.  Can you provide the exact step by step process that you encounter this issue?

thanks

Matthew McFadden
Copper Contributor

We are nowhaving the same problem.  We have a machine running Windows7 Ultimatewithout incident, however one of our machines is running Windows7 Pro and we'renoticing the following errors:

1. Relationship DialogueBox isn't bounded - e.g., the notes area keeps enlarging and there's no way toaccess the Submit button.

2. Companyfield does not contain the "Link to Company" button.

Wereinstalled ACT and the problem is still occurring.

Please letme know if there is a solution to this problem. 

Chris