Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Rules for Attaching Email History - Want to omit a contact

Rules for Attaching Email History - Want to omit a contact

We just updated to ACT 2010, and my Outlook e-mails are set up to attach to contact history.  However, all messages that I send to my boss are attaching as well, and I don't want them to.  How do I make e-mails to the boss private so they don't show up in his history in ACT? 
Copper Contributor

Re: Rules for Attaching Email History - Want to omit a contact

Hi there,

When you are sending out a message in Outlook, Go to Add-ins and change the drop down menu from public to private.

Cheers,

Bronze Contributor

You might try removing the e-mail address on your boss' record.  That might work since it matches on that field, and without an e-mail address to match on, it may not attach.  Not certain, but I would try that first.

Signature
Nickel Elite Contributor

What Kevin said will definitely work, and that's what I do first.  However, if you have many users at your company, then anyone that has access to his record can re-add his email without you knowing - until it's too late.  A better option would be to create a rule in Outlook that attaches emails *except* this one.  I often do this with companies that have a group on Exchange server of all the employees.  That group is used in the rule so none of the inter-office comms get attached.  Hope this helps...
Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com