Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Roll-over window issues

Roll-over window issues

Using ACT v17 on Windows 10.  Two issues with the roll over screen 1) Typically the roll-over screen is behind the main Act screen.  Nothing is active on the ACT screen since the rollover screen must be accepted first.  Have to shut down ACT and wait for the rollover screen to pop up again.  2)  Roll over screen will appear (and must be closed) multiple times - 5-10 or even 20 or more.

Administrator

Re: Roll-over window issues

Hi ecbuck1,

Here's a Knowledgebase article that has information on bringing Act windows to the front for your first issue: http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23807

How many roll over activities would you estimate that you have?

Currently 29 but the number of roll-over windows doesn't correlate with the number of activities.  Each window will say I have 29 tasks.  

Administrator

Does the issue occur for other users of the database, or other Windows users?
Deleting local preferences would be a worthwhile thing to try. See this article for more info: http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14770

I am the only user.

This seems to a typical ACT non-answer.  I have the same problem.  I am the only user.  This is a real pain

Administrator

Hi liteworks,
Have you attempted the steps in the article I mentioned above?

I tried to do that.  Too many steps for a non technical guy.  I use Act to make money,  Why doesn't is work out of the box?  This is just one of MANY issues.  Silver Support cannot fix the problem either.  Really disappointed in this software

I have the same issue: Rollover dialog box is behind the opening screen; When trying to bring the Roll Over screen forward to execute the roll over,, a second roll over box opens; then ACT shuts down and I have to re-boot.....This happens every day...I have 20-25 activities to roll over every day....very frustrating and a waste of time. This is especially annoying when I am accessing the computer remotely. I cannot see where the article addresses this situation.

Silver Super Contributor

If you hold down the Alt button and press the Tab key you can scroll through the open windows which should help you close the other rollover windows.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!