Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Return to Act 2007???

Return to Act 2007???

I have been an Act user since back in the days it was called 8020.  I recently started working with a group of people that wanted to use Act Premium 2007 for Workgroups so I upgraded.  Now I no longer have to interface with them so I was wondering if I can return to the non-premium or regular Act 2007 and upgrade to the non workgroups version or am I stuck having to upgrade the more expensive product?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Return to Act 2007???

I don't recall any ACT! version called 8020... and I've supported aCT! for 21 years.

The non-premium version is the non-workgroups product, so not sure what you're actually asking. Premium and Workgroups are the same thing in different countries. It's part of Sage's way of confusing the global user base

What version are you running (Help | About).

What version is the database you want to connect to (help | About)

Thanks for your reply.  8020 was a dos based application back somewhere near 1987.  Perhaps Act acquired the 8020 company and simply did a conversion but I was under the impression that Act was the first generation windows version.

I have both the regular and premium (workgroups) versions on CD.  My goal is to import all my contacts into outlook 2007 since ACT v 9.0 seems so much slower and unstable than my 2000 version which I held onto and dearly loved for its speed and simplicity for years.  After years of warnings that my old version would not be supported, I finally converted because of all the hype about Act being fully interfacable with outlook.

I hate having to keep info in two places, so I'm euther going to upgrade Act, or try to convert all my contacts to outlook.  I just would prefer not to have to upgrade to the workgroups product.  Can I backup data, unistall act for workgroups, reinstall my v9.0 non-workgroups disc, and then still be able to use my data?

If not, do you know of any good data import methods to go from Act to outlook 2007?

Thanks for your time.

Jim

jheinz wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  8020 was a dos based application back somewhere near 1987.  Perhaps Act acquired the 8020 company and simply did a conversion but I was under the impression that Act was the first generation windows version.

There were two DOS versions of ACT! before it went Windows. There is an 8020 contact manager, but I can't recal any connection to ACT!

I have both the regular and premium (workgroups) versions on CD.  My goal is to import all my contacts into outlook 2007 since ACT v 9.0 seems so much slower and unstable than my 2000 version which I held onto and dearly loved for its speed and simplicity for years.  After years of warnings that my old version would not be supported, I finally converted because of all the hype about Act being fully interfacable with outlook.

Before changing to Outlook, and losing all the functionality of ACT!, why not register for the ACT! 11 beta? It really is the equivalent of ACT! 6.0 in terms of stability compared to the old codebase versions.

I hate having to keep info in two places, so I'm euther going to upgrade Act, or try to convert all my contacts to outlook.  I just would prefer not to have to upgrade to the workgroups product.  Can I backup data, unistall act for workgroups, reinstall my v9.0 non-workgroups disc, and then still be able to use my data?

Premium versions can File | Save | Save_As to go to non-Premium.

If not, do you know of any good data import methods to go from Act to outlook 2007?

Not that will keep all the data

Thanks a ton!  I have registered for the v11 beta, but since I don't share info, I didn't know if I'd qualify.  I'll keep my fingers crossed, I'd love to have the old speed and reliability I used to have before.

I'm sure they need single users also... unless they have the number of testers they want. I heard over 1000 so far, which would be the biggest ACT! beta to date