Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Result URL no longer matches the Example Value in Web Info-->Advanced Edit (and no longer works)

Result URL no longer matches the Example Value in Web Info-->Advanced Edit (and no longer works)

I am using ACT! 12.1 with Windows XP.

A Web Info feature recently quit working.  I have LinkedIn and Twitter websites set up as URL fields in my database, alllowing me to see specific LinkedIn and Twitter profiles.  I added links to those two fields in Web Info and they worked great.  The "Result URL" in Advanced Edit matched the "Example Value."

They quit working (though the Company Website link ( {Contact.Co Web} ) continues to work fine.  It is set up the same as the two which don't work, just different fields.  On the two which no longer work, the "Result URL" does not match the "Example Value."

Two things happened around the time they quit working: 1) I upgraded to the newest version of ACT! and 2) I set up a new user profile on my machine.

So I opened the ACT Demo database; it works fine.

I have tried deleting the Preferences file.  I have tried adding a new URL field and it also failed the test.

ACT! customer service has already spent an hour driving my machine to no avail.

Any ideas?  Thanks,

George

Re: Result URL no longer matches the Example Value in Web Info-->Advanced Edit (and no longer works)

Same issue here.  Many of us having this issue.  Please Help!
Tuned Listener

Re: Result URL no longer matches the Example Value in Web Info-->Advanced Edit (and no longer works)

Me to! exactly the same issue, any answers?

I'm experiencing the same thing.  In fact, the LinkedIn link has never worked for me.

Any solutions?