Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Restricting Erase / Edit of notes.

Restricting Erase / Edit of notes.

I’m being thrown into an administrative rule of ACT, that seems to have a lot of user error or mishaps.So to start with, can anyone tell me if I can restrict, by user account, the ability to erase and/or edit notes?
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Restricting Erase / Edit of notes.

Hello 'Act-Dummy',

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

There are options under Tools > Preferences > General tab to allow editing of Notes and History.  This can be disabled and it will not allow editing or deleting of the items.  This setting is global to the database - it will affect all users, there is not a setting for individual users.

If your users are defined as 'Standard' they cannot update this setting.  So, you as Administrator (or Manager role) could turn it on and off as you need to update items.

Greg Martin
Sage

I followed the instructions by logon in as administrator and setting the preferences to NO allow Notes and history editing. And this worked when I logged back in as a user on the desktop application. However, if I login as a web user I still can edit and delete notes and History. How do I prevent web users from deleting notes and history as it appears the setting I did as administrator has not impacted on web users. Is this a bug in the software?

gmartin wrote:

Hello 'Act-Dummy',

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

There are options under Tools > Preferences > General tab to allow editing of Notes and History.  This can be disabled and it will not allow editing or deleting of the items.  This setting is global to the database - it will affect all users, there is not a setting for individual users.

If your users are defined as 'Standard' they cannot update this setting.  So, you as Administrator (or Manager role) could turn it on and off as you need to update items.

I followed the instructions by logon in as administrator and setting the preferences to NO allow Notes and history editing. And this worked when I logged back in as a user using the desktop application. However, if I login as a web user I still can edit and delete notes and History. How do I prevent web users from deleting notes and history as it appears the setting I did as administrator has not impacted on web users. Is this a bug in the software?