Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Restoring new Remote Database and ACT Email

Restoring new Remote Database and ACT Email

I currently have a Remote ACT database that is not synchronizing data up to the Master database. Master database changes do make it to the Remote.

From what I could find in the Knowledgebase, it appears that I may have to export the updated records from the Remote, and then Create and Restore a new Remote DB to import the unsynchronized data.

The current remote DB user is using ACT Email, on a Windows Vista 32bit system. All systems are running the same version of ACT 2009.

What can I do to ensure that no data is lost, and how can I connect the ACT Email to the newly restored Remote DB?

Any issues to watch out for?

Thanks in advance for any help.

AJ Morgan

Re: Restoring new Remote Database and ACT Email

Try the DBFixer from the KB linked below.  The DBFixer only applies to 10.0.3 and 11.0

Data is Not Transferring Properly During Synchronization

David,

Thanks for the reply. The DBFixer utility did not resolve the issue. I ran it on all copies of the database.

Changes from the Parent database still get to the remote database, but the changes in the remote do not get updated to the Parent.

Changes from another remote database do get updated to the Parent DB. The Sync Sets are configured so all users have access to all data.

I am guessing that the solution now will be to create a new Remote DB, unless you have other tools I can try.

Any suggestions on configuring the new Remote to work with the current ACT email client?

I don't have much ACT admin experience, so perhaps there is something I am overlooking?

Regards,

AJ

Nickel Elite Contributor

AJ -

It's my understanding that after applying the DBFixer, you still need to cut new remote databases to "retro" the missing data...

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

Richard - I can create a new Remote DB no problem, and copy the data from the old Remote as well. The problem I have had in the past was getting the existing ACT email client on the remote to work with the new Remote DB.

Any tips on the best way to re-connect the ACT email to the new Remote DB?

Thanks - AJ