Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Restoring database on different computer

Restoring database on different computer

Hi!  I have a database on ACT 2005 using Windows XP.  I have backed up the database using the "backup"  dropdown on the file tab.  I backed it up on an external hard drive.  I am trying to restore it onto a different computer with ACT 2013 using Windows 8.  It starts to restore and then I get a msg that the restore failed and all temporary files will be deleted.  I then get a page that pops up with a long list of very technical jargon.  Can anyone help me?  Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Restoring database on different computer

Are you using the Restore or the Restore As optio?. Because it's a different computer you need to use the Restore As option.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I used the "Restore As" option

Copper Elite Contributor

Hi,

we did see this issue with long file names, if your Source database is stored in my documents, and then have long names for attached word files, this could be a issue.

you may want to move the database to the root and then try again. also you may want to consider to add the popup this may help

regards

Ingo Lange

www.crmaddon.com

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

Hi.  Thanks for your response.  I'm not sure what you mean by "move the database to the root" or add the opoup.  Could you elaborate on that?  Thanks!