Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Restoring Deleted Contact Sync Sets

Restoring Deleted Contact Sync Sets

[ Edited ]

I deleted my contact sync sets for some stupid reason, now how I get them back?  I assume I need to reinstall my ACT Pro v17 to restore the sync sets?

If I do have to reinstall, please advise on how I do that?

Administrator

Re: Restoring Deleted Contact Sync Sets

[ Edited ]

What sync sets are you referring to here? What ones have you deleted?

If these are the outlook sync sets defined in Tools > Synchronise with Outlook > Outlook synchronisation preferences, then reinstalling Act would restore the default ones.
It would likely be easier to re-create the sync sets you need or any custom ones in the Outlook synchronisation preferences.

To reinstall Act, you could follow the following Knowledgebase articles:

37318 - Uninstall Act!

37898 - Install Act! v17

Copper Contributor

A little info would help.  Are you referring to Remote Synchronization or Synchronization with Outlook.  Different animals.

Tom Koller - ACT Guy

Hi Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I deleted all sync sets (on my remote database) in Tools > Synchronise with Outlook > Outlook synchronisation preferences, because I was having a problem syncing a few contacts.

I would never have thought the changes I did on my remote database would also affect my main database so when I synced them all sync sets for outlook contacts were gone on my main DB too.

I will Uninstall and reinstall ACT v17.  I have a custom layout, will I need to recreate it or will it still be there when I backup my DB?

Thank you,

Loren

Hi Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I deleted all sync sets (on my remote database) in Tools > Synchronise with Outlook > Outlook synchronisation preferences, because I was having a problem syncing a few contacts.

I would never have thought the changes I did on my remote database would also affect my main database so when I synced them all sync sets for outlook contacts were gone on my main DB too.

I will Uninstall and reinstall ACT v17.  I have a custom layout, will I need to recreate it or will it still be there when I backup my DB?

Thank you,

Loren

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Custom layouts are saved within database backups.
Make sure you take a backup in case anything goes wrong.

I will definitely back up the main DB.

One more question, will I need to uninstall / reinstall on my remote DB too or will my changes take affect when I sync my main with remote?  

Loren 

Administrator

After further investigation, it appears that the outlook sync sets are stored in the database, and therefore would not be restored with a reinstall of Act.
To re-create them, you could create a new database, check that the sync sets are in the Outlook synchronisation preferences, then copy the settings from the ones you require into new sync sets manually on your existing database.

Syncing to your main database should then also copy the sync sets over.

Just created a new database and there are no sync sets to choose from. 

I still have one more computer that my sales person uses, and it has not been synced so it still has all the sync sets on it, can I input the sync sets manually and will they take effect?

I did a restore of a previously saved backup before I did the stupid move last night and it re-created all the default sync sets.

How do I sync all available contacts, which is what I was trying to do in the first place?