Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Restore from Backup

Restore from Backup

Just recently I had to replace my hardrive. I have a back up of my ACT 2008 database. I reloaded ACT on to the new hardrive, but can not restore the database. Each time it says an ACT database back up can not be found. I have restored the dbase the before. Please help!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Restore from Backup

It may mean that the backup file is damaged or invalid.  Try restoring an earlier backup and see if it can be restored.

If you open the .zip file for the backup (just double-click on it) you are unable to restore, what files are listed in there?  You should have files called "BackupStageManifest", "LIGWO" and "SupplementalAbruption". If any of these files are missing, then the backup is no good.

You may need to contact ACT! Technical Support as they may be able to use a utility to manually extract the backup files.  You can contact Support using the phone number provided with your support plan or at (800)927-3989.  Support hours are Monday thru Friday from 8:30am to 8:30pm EST.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Restore from Backup

I did have those files in the zip folder, but still could not restore. I acutally was able to go back to the original hardrive and copy the files in the database folder (.alf, .adf, .pad) paste them into the folder on the new drive and then open the database that way once naming it differently. Sounds like it may have been the long way around but it worked. I had gotten that suggestion from reading here in the forum. So far so good. Thanks for your suggestion.