Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Restore database failing

Restore database failing

I am trying to move a large database from one computer to another. The compressed backup zip file that ACT! is putting out seems to be giving me errors. When I select the file when trying to restore it, it gave this error:

Any idea what this means or how I can get past this?

I am wondering if the zip file could have become corrupted when it was uploaded to my FTP, then downloaded back again. Could that occur? If so, I should mail a hard drive to my hosting company where the old server is housed and have them backup and ail it to me directly. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Restore database failing

Hello daylite,
It's possible that the FTP upload could have damaged the .zip file. You can test by trying to restore the original backup or by making another backup and then restoring it. If this is the case, then you would need to send the file using another method

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi Mike,

It is a 7.8GB file and they are running ACT! 11 Premium for Financial Proffesionals.

There is a limit on ZIP files over 4GB using the ZIP utility they used to use ... this was fixed in the later versions, not sure if it was a patch for ACT! 11.x or 12.x

You can move the database without the internal process as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2339...

Silver Contributor

Also, make sure you have the exact same version of ACT (help, about) as the database was created in.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider