Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Restore backup failure

Restore backup failure

I recently upgraded from ACT2008 (10) Premium to ACT2012 Pro but restoration of the database backup that I made before removing ACT2008 failed.

The restore process seems to go ok but then I get the message 'restore failed, deleting temporary files', followed by 'error in the application'

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Restore backup failure

Hello Oddersocks,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. If you are using Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Server 2008, make sure you are logged into Windows as a local admin, and that you disable User Account Control. Also make sure the backup file is local on the machine (not restoring via a network). You may also want to see if you can find another backup file and test to see if it restores.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: Restore backup failure

The problem was that I should have backed up in the standard format (not back up as a Premium version database) before trying to restore.

I had to remove ACT Pro 2012, re-install ACT Premium 2008, go through all the manual de-install/re-install of SQL, and then do the whole thing in reverse again. It's a shame that Sage don't write, in their instructions that come with Sage Act Pro, in big bold letters; "SAVE BACKUP AS STANDARD VERSION".