Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Restore (as) Error

Accepted Solution Solved
Tuned Listener
Accepted Solution

Restore (as) Error

I am attempting to restore a ACT v9 database using the restore as command and I get a cryptic error message that says --System.IO.pathTooLongException: the specified path, file name or both are too long.

The refs a bunch of IO junk.

The dbms only has 2300 records (but lots of) attachments.

Total back-up file size is on 547 MB.

Any idea on a fix?

Thanks,

Neil Ferree
Los Angeles, CA

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Restore (as) Error

I had this issue in version ACT 2008. But the cause was not the path where I wanted to save it. Even restoring it to C:\ did not solve the issue.

The issue was a file in the backup zip file. I saw that one attachment file (*.doc) had am extremely long file name. I was not even able to unzip this file. After deleting this file from the zip file, I was able to restore the database.

Martin Viegas
Consultant Customer Service CRM

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

Hi Neil,

Maybe this was obvious but have you tried extracting to a very short path location such as at the root of C:\?  If you have loooong file names in your database auxiliary files and are trying to restore to a deep/long path location you could run over the (256?) character limit.

jason

Jason Sellers
ACT! Engineer 2000-2007
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I had this issue in version ACT 2008. But the cause was not the path where I wanted to save it. Even restoring it to C:\ did not solve the issue.

The issue was a file in the backup zip file. I saw that one attachment file (*.doc) had am extremely long file name. I was not even able to unzip this file. After deleting this file from the zip file, I was able to restore the database.

Martin Viegas
Consultant Customer Service CRM