Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Restore Publisher database - ACT 2010

Restore Publisher database - ACT 2010

[ Edited ]

So, I have had ACT 2010 running on my primary (desktop) computer and a remote database on my laptop, connected by a wired network with Windows Home Server 2011 for some time and sync seamlessly between the two.

Without going into a lot of detail, suffice it to say that I am in the process of discarding WHS 2011 in favor of a Linux/Samba solution for NAS and a more powerful backup/restore solution.

I either didn't realize it or wasn't paying attention, but when I took WHS 2011 offline, it destroyed my ability to access my database on my Publisher (primary, desktop) computer.

Meanwhile, my laptop has a fully-functional Subscriber synced copy of the database. I have the instructions for creating a remote database, but am hesitant because I'm not certain you can change Subscriber to Publisher, etc. I"m wondering if there is a way to restore my Publisher database easily. Having said that, I'm not certain where the copy resided if pulling the server caused me to lose the ability to load it. Am going to root through my backups to see if I can find the Publisher version of the database, in case I can use it.

Anyway, I thought I'd ask here. Many thanks.

Re: Restore Publisher database - ACT 2010

Never mind; I sorted it. Forgot about turning off SQL in Services.

Thanks!