Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Restore Deleted User Field

Restore Deleted User Field

Not knowing what I was doing I deleted a user field or box. How can I restor it? In Act 2011 in the Contact screen there is a strip accross the middle of the page with a list of fields starting with "Activities". At the right end just before "Marketing Results" is "User Fields". While trying to change the wording of "User 1" to "Card in" I managed to delete the box next to it, where I can type in same data.

How can I restore that box?

Thanks, Larry

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Restore Deleted User Field

Hello Larry,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

It sounds like you have only removed the field or field label from the layout (opposed to deleting the field from the database).  If this is correct, while in the Layout Editor you can add a label back to the layout by selecting the Drawing > Text option. 

Another way is to remove the field from the layout and then re-add it, selecting the 'Include a Label' option.

Here is an article with instructions for using Layout Editor: KB Article 15332

Greg Martin
Sage

Hi Grteg, Close but not a winner. Using your first tip I finally found the Drawing button and was able to deaw a rectangle to replace the one that I deleted. It looked different, it had a solid border whereas the original had dashed lines. Then I tried to save it. No Luck. I clicked on File then Save; but, then after I closed the editing field and got back to the Contact page it was gone.

I tried setting it for text; except if the box was saved I could not type in it.

Thanks.

PS: I wish I could go back to the original ACT 1.0. It was symple and easy to use. It seems that everytime a good program getting upgraded it becoums less user friendly.

Hi, That did not help. Is there anyway to email a screen shot of what I am talking about? I find that computer techs and non-tachs don't speak the same language.

Thanks, Larry

Hello Greg,

I'm new to the ACT community but I find that generally links like yours

have usually expired by the time I go to look at them.

I too am confused on how to re-add a field to the layout (it has been deleted from the layout but still exists in Define Fields).  Are you able to give specific instructions?  When I go to my layout, there is a not an "Include a label" option to be found...

Needing an urgent answer before Boss goes spare!  Smiley Happy

Administrator

Hi Cynthia,

The Knowledgebase article linked above can be viewed at http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15332
This explains in detail how to insert fields into your layout.