Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Resolution of the dependency failed..............................................

Resolution of the dependency failed..............................................

I have un-installed and re-installed my ACT (newest version avail) and continue to receive the following:

Resolution of the dependency failed, type=”Act.UI.ActApplication”,name= “”. Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication,null]) failed:

System.Runtime.SerializationException: Attempting to deserialze an empty stream.

at

System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean is CrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

At Act.UI.CoreCustomCommandHelper.Deserialize(String filename)

(Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy,index3)

HELP!!!!!!!!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Resolution of the dependency failed..............................................

Hello Perry,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

Here is an article that describes the steps to resolving your issue.  I recommend starting with the second step (rename dependants.dll), then trying the Alternate Method - Manually Delete Preferences, and save the font fix for last:

KB Article 25865

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Resolution of the dependency failed..............................................

Couldn't find the dependants.dll to change. Tried the right click also and got the same message as before.

Platinum Super Contributor

It may be that your view of the folders is set to 'do not display hidden folders', so you cannot locate the 'dependent.dll' file.  The easy way around this is detailed in this article: KB Article 14770.

Use the steps under 'Alternate Method - Manually Rebuilding Preferences'.  You can skip item 4, which references using Actdiag. 

Greg Martin
Sage

We are constantly receiving this error under different users. I perform the resolutions mentioned in

article 25865 but the error keeps on occuring.
Why does this keep on occuring and what is the fix for it once and for all?