Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Resolution of the dependency failed????

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Resolution of the dependency failed????

I run ACT 7 and it has been working fine....  all of a sudden I am unable to get into act.  Here is the message I get. Please insturct me step by step as to how to fix this...  I am not a computer wiz.  Thanks much. Susan

Resolution of the dependency failed, type="Act.UI.ActApplication",name="".Exception message is: the current build operation (build key Build Key{Act.UI.ActApplication,null}) failed: System.Runtim.Serialization.SerializationException: Attempting to deseialize an empty stream.

at System.Runtim.Serialization.Formatter.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Strem serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck,Boolean is CrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

at Act.UI.Core,CustomCommandHelper.Deserialize(String fileName) (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy. index3)

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Susan75011
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: Resolution of the dependency failed????

Susan,

Generally this can be resolved by deleting the preferences folder and then restart.

Close ACT

Go to Start and select the Run option

Type in %appdata% and then click on OK

Locat the ACT folder

Rename folder to ACTold

Close Explorer and restart ACT

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Susan75011
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Susan,

Generally this can be resolved by deleting the preferences folder and then restart.

Close ACT

Go to Start and select the Run option

Type in %appdata% and then click on OK

Locat the ACT folder

Rename folder to ACTold

Close Explorer and restart ACT

Paul Buchtmann

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

thanks so very much....  that worked like a charm... 

after I posted my problem (my first time posting) I chose to have an email sent to me when someone replies.  But that never happened.  I thought no one was going to help me with this problem.

So I just came back to this site to see if anyone had even looked at my post and there you were with you answer.  But it never emailed me to tell me i had a reply...

thanks so much - again.

Susan

susan@jteveans.com

Bronze Contributor

Glad it worked for you and there must have been some sort of corruption in the files

Paul Buchtmann

I have a total of 3 folders, ACT for Windows11, 12 and 13  under the Act folder and I have renamed all except the last one ACT for Windows13 and it tells me that I cannot rename this because it is being used by another user.  When I go to task manager and end the task it closes the folder that I am in.  Any suggestions?

When I try to rename the ACT folder I get a message saying "I don't have permission to make that change" , but I am already

in Admin mode. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Hank

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Hank,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Does the error message indicate that you don't have permission because the file is use?  Try opening the Task Manager and ending the 'ACT*' services (Processes tab), then rename the folder.  Rebooting the computer will then restart all of the appropriate servcies.

Try adding updated permissions to the folder: right click on folder > select Properties > select Security tab > Add 'Everyone' with 'Full Control' > attempt to rename.

Since we are attempting to rename the folder and all of it's contents, you can also try opening the folder and attempting to rename the individual files/folders.  There may be a single file/folder that is causing the issue.  

Greg Martin
Sage

Resolution of the Dependency Failed

I have the same problem > configuration is ACT 2011 running with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 9.

None of the online help resolved anything. Did everything that online help mentioned, nothing helped.

I ended up deleting ACT! and tried to reinstall several times and each time the install failed. through the online help sequences each time as well.

I even went through the system registry and deleted ANYTHING to do with ACT!

Now I have my old database back up, and an annoying message regarding ACT! everytime I bring up Outlook!

Obviously, the best way of dealing with this problem is completely erasing EVERYTHING on the Hard Drive and starting with a fresh install of every program you use.

My problem lies with my Outlook communications History, I need all emails coming and going for legal reasons. proof of conversations.

I called ACT! and they want to charge me to fix this. Just to reach someone in Tech Support takes an "ACT!" of GOD!

I'd simply wipe the hard drive and reinstall, except for losing my Outlook email history. If you can't simply reinstall the software, to me it seems like a major problem to me. And this is the type of problem that you shouldn't have from PC Based Software!. I strictly use ACT! as a relational phone directory for 500 clients with 2500 contacts beneath.  I'm certainly not going to pay for a maintenence contract for $150 piece of software that is used as a basic phone contact directory.

Platinum Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Piracyone,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

I'm not sure what state your installation is in currently, is ACT! 2011 installed and still receiving the 'Resolution of the dependency' error?  Can't determine which version you are referencing with 'old database back up'.

If 2011 is installed and getting the 'Resolution' error, did you try the steps listed in KB Article 25865?  Particularly the steps to Manually Rebuild Preferences.

What message is Outlook issuing?

Greg Martin
Sage
Bronze Contributor

Greg I have tried this for a client of mine and nothing works so what other more technical solutions are there to this particular problem as I have seen this a number of times this week from clients.

Paul Buchtmann