Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Resolution of the dependency failed: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null)) failed

Resolution of the dependency failed: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null)) failed

Hi, 

We are using ACT!2010 on Win 7. We have been using the system for a few months and everything was fine until this moning. ACT will not start.  We run ACT using Administrator and have also checked that Tahoma font is installed. The message we received is as follows:

--- ERROR MESSAGE ----

Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Act.Ul.ActApplication", name = "". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null)) failed: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Binary stream'0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization.
at System. Runtime. Serialization. Formatters. Bin a 'y. _B in a ry P a r s Cr. R u no
at System.Runtime. Serialization.Formatters. B i n a ry.0 bj ectRea d er. D eseri a l iz e(HeaderHandler handler, _BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage
methodC allMessage)
at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters. B i n a ry. B i n a ry F o r m a tt e r. D e s e r i a lize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage
methodC allMessage)
at Act.ULCore.CustomCommandHelper.Deserialize(String fileName) (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3)
OK

Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Act.Ul.ActApplication", name = "". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null)) failed: System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Binary stream'0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization.at System. Runtime. Serialization. Formatters. Bin a 'y. _B in a ry P a r s Cr. R u noat System.Runtime. Serialization.Formatters. B i n a ry.0 bj ectRea d er. D eseri a l iz e(HeaderHandler handler, _BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessagemethodC allMessage)atSystem.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters. B i n a ry. B i n a ry F o r m a tt e r. D e s e r i a lize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessagemethodC allMessage)at Act.ULCore.CustomCommandHelper.Deserialize(String fileName) (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3)OK

-------END ERROR MESSAGE-----------

Anyone has any expereince with this? How do we prevent this from happening in future?

Thanks.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Resolution of the dependency failed: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null)) failed

Hello Rhc_act,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

This issue is generally a sign that the Act! Preference files have become corrupted.  Here is an article with steps to resolve this issue: KB Article 25865

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: Resolution of the dependency failed: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null)) failed

I have this exact same problem and I can't get my ACT to work. Do you remember how you fixed it. It's the same case with me, the fonts are fine. Thanks.

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Bonnie,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community!

Use the steps listed in the article for rebuilding your Act! Preference files, they are a common cause for this error: KB Article 25865

Greg Martin
Sage

HELLO, I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. DID YOU GET YOURS FIXED? HOW?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
Administrator

Hi David,

The issue you are experiencing may be resolved by checking out our Knowledgebase at http://kb.act.com

Here's a link to a relevant Knowledgebase Article for more information about your issue:

http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25865/kw/25865

If this does not resolve your issue, please contact Swiftpage Support on 866 873 2006.

Hope this helps.