Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

'Resolution of the Dependency' Error Message

Copper Contributor

'Resolution of the Dependency' Error Message

Today, I began receiving an error message that says "'Resolution of the Dependency failed ..."  I can no longer even open up ACT!  (Sage Act Pro 2013, SP 1, Windows 7)  I've never had this happen before.  This is very frustrating.  Is there anything I can do?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: 'Resolution of the Dependency' Error Message

Slapshot,

Here is an article with instructions for resolving this issue: KB Article 25865

Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Greg,

Thank you.  But the page to which you referred me has a link to a hotfix for ACT 2012.  I am running ACT Pro 2013.  I am leery of applying a patch from an older version to my current installation.  Any thoughts?

You'll want to use the steps after that one.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Thank you, Greg.  I assume I should try the steps in the order of their appearance on that webpage?  If a proposed step doesn't work, go on to the next?

Correct.
Note: If 'Run as admin' and deleting the .ser files doesn't resolve it, go ahead and use the 'How to Rebuild the Sage ACT! Preferences File' article (listed at end of steps to delete .ser files).

Only rare occasions use the Tahoma and registry fixes.
Greg Martin
Sage
Copper Contributor

Greg,

Thanks.  I've tried all the fixes.  Nothing seems to work.  Is there some sort of visual of which Services should be running in order for ACT to be functionning properly, and what the correct settings should be?  I think it may have to do with the SQL instances, etc.

Copper Contributor

I'm attaching a screen capture of Services.msc

Screen Capture Services.PNG

Platinum Elite Contributor

Slapshot.
It appears your ACT7 service is not started. Right-click on SQL Server (ACT7) and Start the service.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Thanks Grieg.  I started the SQL Service.  It didn't make a difference.

In my Windows Event Viewer, I am experiencing .net runtime errors in close proximity of time to my Sage ACT errors.  I am having a similar issue with another application on my computer.  Last Tuesday, Microsoft released three Critical Update patches related to the .net framework.  I wonder if those patches created problems.