Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Resolution of Dependency failed, error

Resolution of Dependency failed, error

Hello, We downloaded a trial version of Act 2012 Pro with a view to testing it for what we thought was a great upgrade with the gmail integration, however we found out after installing it that it only works with @gmail.com type accounts and we have a gmail business account, so not a @gmail.com account. So we then un-installed 2012 Pro and tried to re-install our Act 2011 Pro and we are getting the following error; Resolution of the dependency failed, type = "Act.UI.ActApplication", name = "". Exception message is: The current build operation (build key Build Key[Act.UI.ActApplication, null]) failed: Value of 'null' is not valid for 'stream'. (Strategy type BuildPlanStrategy, index 3) I can't seem to see the exact same error others have experienced however we have tried the following Un-installed 2011 and re-installed (several times.) Followed all the steps in KB Article 25865 manually un-installed rebuilt preferences files etc etc Out of interest I also tried re-installing 2012, to my complete surprise it runs fine, so I uninstalled it thinking it may have repaired/resolved a damaged or missing file and tried installing 2011 again, no luck, same problem as above... I have spent a few hours now trying everything I could see, but if there is anything else please let me know. Please help..... Cheers Tom.
Copper Contributor

Re: Resolution of Dependency failed, error

Hello SS,

Thank you for your reply. 

Yes I have tried both of those without success.

I have since tried reinstalling 2012 and it works fine, but as soon as I uninstall it and reinstall 2011, presto the same error message comes up.

Not sure what to do, we really don't want to pay for an upgrade to 2012 as we don't belive it offers us anything significant over our 2011 versions and due to the non backwards combatiability of the software we would have to upgrade the other computer that we have a licence for as well.

Any other advice welcome.

Cheers

Tom.

Platinum Super Contributor

Hello Getprint,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Try running the ACT! Uninstaller utility to clean up additional files/assembly items, then reinstall ACT! 2011: KB Article 19338

Greg Martin
Sage

Hello Greg,

I have tried this one once already, but I will give it a crack again and report back.

While I have you, can you please confirm if 2012 only interacts with @gmail.com accounts or if it can interact with Business Gmail accounts / addresses that don't have the @gamil.com extensions?

Cheers

Tom.

Hello Greg,

Just finished the process of uninstalling 2011 and uninstalling the the components of the SQL Service per the article and then ran the Uninstaller, restarted the computer, install a fesh downloaded version of 2011 and no luck.

Still receive the same message. 

This is driving me absolutely nuts, plus I am loosing a lot of valuable time with trying to resolve it.

It seems this challenge has all been created from installing and trialling the 2012 version.

Do you have any other solutions? You help is certainly appreciated.

Cheers

Tom.

Copper Contributor

Hi Tom,

When you deleted preferences did you delete the entire 'ACT' folder in %appdata% or just specific files?

Might be a good idea to try a new Windows user at this point. Make sure the new user you create is an Administrator.

Hope this helps,

SS

Platinum Super Contributor

For the Google integration question: Yes, the ACT!/Google synchronization will work with Google Apps custom domain names (Google Apps non-@gmail.com addresses).
Greg Martin
Sage
Silver Super Contributor

Tom,

Try the suggestions in this article.  My money is on the dependentdlls.xml file.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25865

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Hello Stan and SS,

Thank you for your input, tried everything including your suggestions again, still no luck.

However, installed 2012 for the forth time and bang it fires up.

Now that Greg has informed me that 2012 does work with GMAIL, we will trial the 2012 for a month, see how it goes and if we don't like it, I will deal with this challenge at that time.

Thank you again for your help, if you think of anything else in the meantime please let me know as I may still need it.

Cheers

Tom