Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Resizing window in ACT!

Resizing window in ACT!

I cannot get Act 2008 to resize.  As a long-time user, I have been able to shrink the window to acommodate other programs side-by-side on my screen.  For some reason, ACT will only minimize to the toolbar or Maximize to full screen - No resizing.  Has anyone had this difficulty and found a solution?  I have re-installed several times and not been able to overcome the problem.  No other program I use (dozens) have given me this grief.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Resizing window in ACT!

Right-click on the ACT! in the Task Bar at the bottom of the screen and select Restore... you should then be able to drag the edges of the Windowow to suit

Thanks Mike, but for some reason that doesn't work.  I have two monitors and for some reason 'Restore' just maximizes ACT again in the same screen.  I can only maximize or minimize to the task bar.  The 'resize' arrows never appear no matter what I try (including re-install a half dozen times).  I have a new Dell, DUO 2 Quad with 4MB of Ram, so there's plenty of power and space.  I seem to be the only one having this difficulty, according to SAGE.  If you hear of any solutions, please copy me.

Thanks,
Jim

Two possibilities:

1. It's not maximized, just the "normal" potition is set to occupy the full screen... so you might still be able to drag the bottom right corner
2. Your video card has maximized it for some reason on one of the monitors

Mike,
It 'normalizes' on both monitors, with no arrows to adjust on either one.  I thought the problem might have stemmed from a program called 'Winroll', but I un-installed it - re-installed ACT! with the same results. My video card is a NVidia 8600T (came with the Dell); have you heard of this maximizing problem with anyone else? Dell support claims (of course) the problem seems to be in the ACT software.

If you hear of any solutions - please drop me a note.

Thanks,
Jim
Nickel Elite Contributor

My system has an NVidia 6600 video adapter and I use dual monitors and I have no problems. You might try turning off the hardware acceleration on the video board and see if that helps. If it does it is a video driver problem.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

I also use multiple monitors without this issue.

Only in Windows registry or the video driver could cause this

Mike,
I downloaded and installed the most recent update for the NVIDIA 8600 GT, but got the same results.  Is there a KB that describes (what &) how to change the registry setting corresponding to this problem?

Thanks,
Jim 

Not that I know if.

Maybe try to set the system to a single monitor and see what happens. If it lets you resize it, do so and change back to dual monitor mode
Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

Did you try to cascade opened windows to see what happens with the Act Window?

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }