Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reset syncronization settings Outlook 2013 Calendar / Act V16

Reset syncronization settings Outlook 2013 Calendar / Act V16

Hello,

I am using Act! Pro version 16.2.14.0, Hot Fix 1, English (Europe) and Outlook 2013.

I tried to syncronize among Act and Outlook, bot ways. It worked, but too good. All appointments and events are published in Act ánd in Outlook but many duplicates. I tried to solve this issue via Act Pro settings (tools/preferences etc) but I did not succeed.

I am surprised that there are many message published by users and experts saying that the problem is known, but no solution available.

I stopped searching for a solutions and decided to set up syncronization in one way direction. Act pro -> Outlook. But unfortunately I can not find any options in Act to set up this one way direction for syncronization.

I do remember I have seen an option in Act where I can choose a one way syncroniszation or a two ways. I checked the Act pro application but can not find it.

Can anyone of you help me with these steps? At the end the result should be a synchronization from Act to Outlook only, but I can not find to options to changes these settings. Thanks

Best regards,

Marc

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Reset syncronization settings Outlook 2013 Calendar / Act V16

Hi Marc,

1 or 2 way sync is in v17 or later.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Administrator

Here's a Knowledgebase article that explains the synchronisation settings in more detail.
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27076

Are you also syncing with Google by any chance?

Thanks for your response. It surprises me that my version although is shows outlook prefrences, settings etc. according to you it is not included in V16 but only V17.

Mwah.. was that a serious answer? No I do not think so. V16 and earlier haven been sold on the market including sync option for Outlook etc.

So any other real suggestion?

Went through that all.  Checked all stories but none of them do give me a workable answer. So is there somebody?

Eh... google can not be syncronized without third party. See also my earlier post about this topic. Swiftpage confirmed not be able to solve it without third party software.

So..... selling features but not delivering them or changing the rules of the game when the game is already on....

Administrator

Hi Marc,

I think there is some misunderstanding going on here. What David meant to say is that the option to choose between 1 or 2 way sync was a feature added in v17. Before that the sync options were a little different, as described in the KB I linked to.

To help troubleshoot your duplicate calendar entry issue, can you please tell us if the duplicates are appearing in Act, Outlook, or both?

To resolve this, we generally recommend backing up the database, then removing all synchronised activities in Act, rebuilding metadata files, and then re-syncing.

To remove all the synchronised activities, you might find this KB article useful:
http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28572

To rebuild the metadata files, this KB solution covers the process for contacts.metadata, just use the same process, except replace the calendar.metadata files instead.

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27105